Friday, June 24, 2011

Top 3 Apps For Freelancers



Being a freelance writer myself, I need as much help as possible to make everyday tasks easier. This is where these applications come into play. Find out what I have chosen as the Top 3 apps for freelancers!


Due


This is an application that I personally use each and every day. “Due” is an excellent task-management application for the iPhone (possibly for Android). Every night before I go to bed I will use this app to plan out the next day ahead of time. You are able to set reminders and timers for any task you are looking to accomplish.

I use timers when I am on a deadline for a project, or when I am trying to finish an assignment in an allotted amount of time. Say I have an article that I feel should only take me an hour, I will set my timer for an hour and hope try to beat my timer. I use reminders so that I can remember when to start a new project and get started on it.

This is an excellent app for managing your time and setting goals. As a freelancer, time is a crucial factor in how much money we make. This application is only $4.99 and deserves the #1 spot on my list. Download the app here!

HootSuite


HootSuite is my favorite app for my iPhone when it comes to managing all of my social networks. I am very busy with social media and it takes a lot of time to switch between all of my accounts and remember everything. All I need to do is visit www.hootsuite.com and view each of my social networks in their own personal tabs.

The service costs $6.99 a month to add as many social media accounts as you want. If you happen to be strapped for cash, and just starting out in the freelancing world, do not worry because this app is also free to add one account on each social network to your list. This website enables users to view their statistics so that they can receive a better understanding as to how their social media marketing strategy is working.

I recommend checking this app out for your iPhone so that you are able to keep track of each social interaction on your networks while on the go. This app is also perfect for people that are tired of switching between their Twitter and Facebook accounts every second.

Evernote


Evernote is an essential application for freelance writers, especially because of how much runs through our minds in a single day. The app comes in at $5.00 a month, or $45.00 a year. Evernote allows me to jot all of my thoughts down as they hit me so I do not forget anything. Users are allowed to take a picture or copy down an email and save it to the application so that you do not have to dig through your cluttered computer to find the information.

There was one time that I was out on a walk and I came up with an excellent idea for an article. That is when I pulled out my iPhone and went to Evernote. I used the voice recorder to record my idea (I was feeling lazy and did not want to typeJ). For freelancers whom have clients and have trouble remembering what each of them have said, then just use this app to write down reminders under each clients name.

Evernote is an excellent app to keep track of your thoughts in one easily accessible space. The app is a little expensive for what it does, but if you are clutter brained then it is a savior. You can download this app here

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the info and links. I use the trial of EverNote for my Android, and it is a lifesaver! I also use Astrid Tasks. It is free and has reminders for all your tasks with deadlines. I also use Office Suite Pro. There is a trial version and it does everything Microsoft Office does and is fully compatible. The full version is $9.99. You can get them all on the Android Market. I am not sure which ones are available for the iPhone or Blackberry. Thanks again and have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you enjoyed the article Jo-Anne! I love evernote because my brain does get kind of cluttered sometimes :). Office Suite Pro is on the iPhone I actually use that as well from time to time, but usually like to deal with my files on my computer instead. Astrid tasks is the same as Due I am assuming?

    By the way if you are interested in the free E-Book being released soon then all you need to do is become a follower of the site and send me your email!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is some really great stuff. You just gave me some inspiration for a new blog post. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete